Eclipse is maybe "the least known" IDE. Given the number of projects, modules, and Eclipse IDE distributions (from eclipse.org and other vendors) and no company promoting basic its usage, new user may feel little support or hard to find easy to follow path. Making complex thing (that software development is) to appear simple is an art. However learning Eclipse IDE basics will give skill set and knowledge that can be applied in wide range of Eclipse based products and IDEs.
Eclipse IDE user voice
Let everybody know what you miss, want and long for.
Special with-Eclipse logo
with-eclipse-1.jpg to start wishlist on uservoice.com
Of course it won't be immediate fulfillment. And you should raise a issue in Bugzlilla, as it is still official way for submitting bugs and feature requests. These are wishes of broader community. So be more generic. What will be useful for everybody?
Vote on existing ideas. Those getting more upvotes will be seen by everybody, and popularity will speed up the implementation.
There has always been confusion with Eclipse & Eclipse platform, and are Eclipse users the users or the developers.
The problem may have been just in words. Eclipse users can refer to both platform developers and developers who just use Eclipse, for example for web projects that prevail now.
New 2014 Survey results will be later.
But newer http://eclipse.org website is going to be quite different experience and focus.
If you develop something on Eclipse platform, you are Eclipse [platform] developer.
If you develop using Eclipse, you are Java (PHP, C++, web ...etc ) developer using/with Eclipse.
While "using Eclipse" and "with Eclipse" both can do in this lines, "with Eclipse" can also imply other meaning like "being with Eclipse". It is community of Eclipse users, that is maybe a bit overlooked by Eclipse.
Starting a community over some idea is not one person deal. Add your thoughts, ideas on http://with-eclipse.github.io/ site.
Discuss and share links.
Developed with Eclipse
A good idea is just add icon to your project, that proudly says "Developed with Eclipse"
Just use code snippet below:
<a href="http://with-eclipse.github.io/" target="_blank"> <img alt="with-Eclipse logo" src="http://with-eclipse.github.io/with-eclipse-0.jpg" /> </a>
Eclipse plugins projects
- ANSI Console
- bndtools tools for OSGi using BND
- D language (DDT)
- completeline Ctrl+Shift+Enter
- eclipse-filecompletion Plugin completes file name inside java editor. Also assists creating reg exp.
- EditBox @Nodeclipse
- eExplorer Embeded Windows Explorer
- emmet (ex-Zen Coding)
- GitHub Extensions
- gfm_viewer GitHub Flavored Markdown Viewer
- instasearch Eclipse plug-in for fast code search
- JDT Spelling spelling in Java Classes and methods names
- mirur Visual Debugger
- Moonrise UI Theme
- Nodeclipse (Node.js, Nashorn, Phantomjs, Maven, Gradle)
- Quickimage Image Viewer ...
- ResourceBundle Editor
- Sandip Chitale's Eclipse Plug-ins : Code Clips, Selection Explorer, Close Views, Key Strokes, All Instances, Find/Replace Bar, MultiPage Editor Tab Traverse, Sampler Plug-in, Reverse Text Selection Plug-in, Google Clips Plug-in, Screenshot Plug-in, Reorder Plug-in, Features Plug-ins Fragments Plug-in
- shr5rcp managing resources of Shadowrun game
- spring, STS, gradle-integration
- vtst-ow Closure and LESS :-E
- xiliary Auxiliary libraries for Eclipse, JUnit and Java development in general
:-E means "your commits are not really welcomed"
... means "slow responses"
on Google Code
all repositories are archived