The intro is out-dated (welcome to Edit this page), while the plugins list below is being kept updated while new arrive.
Eclipse is maybe “the least known” IDE. Given the number of projects, modules, and Eclipse IDE distributions (from eclipse.org and other vendors) and no company promoting basic its usage, new user may feel little support or hard to find easy to follow path. Making complex thing (that software development is) to appear simple is an art. However learning Eclipse IDE basics will give skill set and knowledge that can be applied in wide range of Eclipse based products and IDEs.
There has always been confusion with Eclipse & Eclipse platform, and are Eclipse users the users or the developers.
The problem may have been just in words. Eclipse users can refer to both platform developers and developers who just use Eclipse, for example for web projects that prevail now.
If you develop something on Eclipse platform, you are Eclipse [platform] developer.
If you develop using Eclipse, you are Java (PHP, C++, web …etc ) developer using/with Eclipse.
While “using Eclipse” and “with Eclipse” both can do in this lines, “with Eclipse” can also imply other meaning like “being with Eclipse”. It is community of Eclipse users, that is maybe a bit overlooked by Eclipse.
Starting a community over some idea is not one person deal. Add your thoughts, ideas on http://with-eclipse.github.io/ site.
Discuss and share links.
Developed with Eclipse
A good idea is just add icon to your project, that proudly says “Developed with Eclipse”
Just use code snippet below:
<a href="http://with-eclipse.github.io/" target="_blank"> <img alt="with-Eclipse logo" src="http://with-eclipse.github.io/with-eclipse-0.jpg" /> </a>
Some project that state the use of Eclipse IDE
Eclipse plugins projects
List of some plugins for Eclipse IDE users.
- ANSI Console
- AutoDeriv - an Eclipse plugin that handle the ‘derived’ state of resources from a textual file
- bash-editor Linux bash scripts (
- batch-editor Windows batch scripts (
- bndtools tools for OSGi using BND
- D language (DDT)
- completeline Ctrl+Shift+Enter
.csvediting in table
- EasyShell EasyShell - This Eclipse plugin allows to open a shell window or file manager from the popup menu in the navigation tree or editor view. Additionally it is possible to run selected file in the shell, copy file or directory path or run user defined external tools. Key shortcuts and multiple selections are also supported! http://anb0s.github.io/EasyShell
- EcliPaint - Image editor, icon manager
- eclipse-asciidoctor-editor NEW
- eclipse-encoding-plugin Autodetect Encoding
- eclipse-filecompletion Plugin completes file name inside java editor. Also assists creating reg exp.
- EditBox @Nodeclipse
- eExplorer Embeded Windows Explorer
- emmet (ex-Zen Coding)
- GitHub Extensions
- gfm_viewer GitHub Flavored Markdown Viewer
- gradle Gradle IDE (STS) and EGradle
- http4e REST HTTP Client plugin enabling developer to create HTTP packets directly from Eclipse
- instasearch Eclipse plug-in for fast code search
- JBC Java Byte Code Editor Eclipse Plugin
- JDT Spelling spelling in Java Classes and methods names
- Jeeeyul’s Eclipse Themes
- mirur Visual Debugger
- Moonrise UI Theme
- Nodeclipse (Node.js, Nashorn, Phantomjs, Maven, Gradle)
- Preference Editor for Eclipse/RCP application dedugging
- Quickimage Image Viewer …
- ResourceBundle Editor
- Sandip Chitale’s Eclipse Plug-ins : Code Clips, Selection Explorer, Close Views, Key Strokes, All Instances, Find/Replace Bar, MultiPage Editor Tab Traverse, Sampler Plug-in, Reverse Text Selection Plug-in, Google Clips Plug-in, Screenshot Plug-in, Reorder Plug-in, Features Plug-ins Fragments Plug-in
- shr5rcp managing resources of Shadowrun game
- spring, STS, gradle-integration
- VisualCode - visually compose java code
- vtst-ow Closure and LESS :-E
- xiliary Auxiliary libraries for Eclipse, JUnit and Java development in general
:-E means “your commits are not really welcomed”
… means “slow responses”
on Google Code
all repositories are archived